What an unbelievable night beneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Easy to say that I put down somewhere between 10-15 burgers last night! In all honesty quality was great all around, but a couple stood out above the rest. Congrats to Spike Mendelsohn for his second straight win. Personally, I credit his cheerleaders.
- Bobby Flay’s Buffalo Burger
- Spike Mendelsohn’s Marshmallow Shake
- The caramelized onions from Minetta Tavern
- The shortest line you’ll ever see at Shake Shack
- The Bacon wrapped, avocado topped, Crif Dog
- Meeting Giada De Laurentiis, Tyler Florence and Nick Mangold
- Watching Martha Stewart pound burgers and Rocco Dispirito pound a beer on his way out
- Getting pushed out-of-the-way by one of Rachael Ray’s six security guards. Enough already… if Martha Stewart is just hanging around by herself, you don’t need an armed entourage.
A great culinary event for a great cause! Looking forward to 2010… for now though, I’m off to eat a salad.