While watching yesterday’s NFL playoff games I was summonsed by a commercial to ask myself a question for the ages…
Who would win in a contest of eating Double Stuffed Oreos?
I got winner...
The Mannings vs. The Williams
C’mon, are you serious?
- The Manning brothers, Peyton and Eli, of Super Bowl (and more recently exiting the playoffs early) fame
- The Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, whose skills, in addition to the the short skirts of Anna Kournikova, can be personally thanked for the rise in women’s tennis
Seriously though, these aren’t the athletes I would choose in an eating competition. Below, I have compiled a list of my top 5 eating patners from the wide world of sports… The list is with all due respect to Joey Chestnut, Kobayashi and all the annual Nathan’s competitors.
5. Michael Phelps – plain and simple….you eat 12,000 calories a day, you earn a spot on my chow squad
4. T.O. – the guy stops mid-game to eat… Get’cha popcorn ready
3. Willian “Refridgerator” Perry – read the name, ’nuff said
2. John Daly – put him on a course, sweating and drinking beer to expand the stomach for 5 hours… I guarantee he can pack it away
1. Tony Siragusa – hmmm… The Goose is Jersey born, 340 lbs and owns a fine chain of Jersey Rib houses (Tiffany’s)? Bring it Manning ladies…
I still can’t tell if I care for these ads, I suppose I will find out on 1.18.09. Hey Peyton and Eli, perhaps you could have planned to be busy that day. Maybe helping lead your team to the Super Bowl???